|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Anton, B. S. (2013). Proceedings of the American Psychological Association for the legislative year 2012: Minutes of the annual meeting of the Council of Representatives, February 24–26, 2012, Washington, DC, and August 2 and 5, 2012, Orlando, Florida, and minutes of the February, June, August, October, and December 2012 meetings of the Board of Directors. American Psychologist, 68(5), 337–358.
Drum, K. B., & Littleton, H. L. (2014). Therapeutic boundaries in telepsychology: Unique issues and best practice recommendations. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 45(5), 309–315.
Franeta, D. (2019). Taking ethics seriously: Toward comprehensive education in ethics and human rights for psychologists. European Psychologist, 24(2), 125–135.
Hryshko-Mullen, A. S., Behnke, S. H., Ogle, A. D., Rogers, T. E., Tubman, D. S., Rowe, K. L., & Dunkle, A. N. (2021). Embedded behavioral health in the U.S. Air Force: Addressing the ethics of an expanding area of practice. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice. Advance online publication.
Jaques-Leonard, M. L., Winnick, J. B., Chancey, L. P., Golden, M. E., Gavazzi, J., Brehm, L., Heier, J., Wicoff, M., Rutt, C., & Hosterman, S. (2020). Small town living: Unique ethical challenges of rural pediatric integrated primary care. Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology. Advance online publication.
Hilbig, B. E., Thielmann, I., & Böhm, R. (2021). Bending our ethics code: Avoidable deception and its justification in psychological research. European Psychologist. Advance online publication.
Johnson, J. F., & Connelly, S. (2016). Moral disengagement and ethical decision-making: The moderating role of trait guilt and shame. Journal of Personnel Psychology, 15(4), 184–189.
Jungwirth, J., & Walsh, R. (2020). Ethics and imagination in psychological practice. The Humanistic Psychologist. Advance online publication.
Knapp, S., & VandeCreek, L. (2003). An overview of the major changes in the 2002 APA Ethics Code. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 34(3), 301–308.
Knapp, S., & VandeCreek, L. (2004). A Principle-Based Analysis of the 2002 American Psychological Association Ethics Code. Psychotherapy: Theory, Research, Practice, Training, 41(3), 247–254.
McGee, T. F. (1980). Review of Social order and mental health: The Florida Mental Health Study [Review of the book Social order and mental health: The florida mental health study, by J. J. Schwab, R. A. Bell, G. J. Warheit & R. B. Schwab]. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 50(2), 376–378.
Pinner, D. H., & Kivlighan, D. M. III. (2018). The ethical implications and utility of routine outcome monitoring in determining boundaries of competence in practice. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 49(4), 247–254.
Schank, J. A., Helbok, C. M., Haldeman, D. C., & Gallardo, M. E. (2010). Challenges and benefits of ethical small-community practice. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 41(6), 502–510.
Self, M. M., Wise, E. H., Beauvais, J., & Molinari, V. (2018). Ethics in training and training in ethics: Special considerations for postdoctoral fellowships in health service psychology. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 12(2), 105–112.
Stauffer, S. D. (2019). Ethical use of drawings in play therapy: Considerations for assessment, practice, and supervision. International Journal of Play Therapy, 28(4), 183–194.
Stillwell, A., & Lowery, B. S. (2020). Gendered racial boundary maintenance: Social penalties for White women in interracial relationships. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. Advance online publication.
Turchik, J. A., Karpenko, V., Hammers, D., & McNamara, J. R. (2007). Practical and ethical assessment issues in rural, impoverished, and managed care settings. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 38(2), 158–168.
- Abramson, M. Reflections on Knowing Oneself Ethically: Toward a Working Framework for Social Work Practice. Families in Society. 1996a. 77(4). pg. 195-202.
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Code of Ethics http://www.aamft.org/iMIS15/AAMFT/Content/Legal_Ethics/Code_of_Ethics.aspx
- American Counseling Association’s Code of Ethics http://www.counseling.org/docs/ethics/2014-aca-code-of-ethics.pdf?sfvrsn=4
- American Psychological Association's (APA) Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/
- Barker, Robert L. Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC NASW Press. 1998. Rankin, Mary, JD employed by the Healthcare Training Institute to research and write the article Evolution of Social Work Ethics. Edited by Tracy Appleton, LCSW. The reference Barker, Robert L. Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC NASW Press. 1998.
- Bemecker, Samantha L. Helping Clients Help Themselves: Managing Ethical Concerns When Offering Guided Self-Help Interventions in Psychotherapy Practice. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. April 2014. Vol. 45, Issue 2. pg. 111-119.
- Brems, Christiane PhD. Dealing with Challenges in Psychotherapy
and Counseling. Brooks and Cloe, New York. 2000.
- Brill, Naomi
PhD. Working with People,.Longman, New York. 1997.
TC PhD. The Concept of Boundaries in Clinical Practice; Theoretical and
Risk-Management Dimensions. American Journal of Psychiatry. 1999. pg. 188-96.
- Florida Department of State. Chapter 64B19 Board of Psychology. Florida Administative Code & Florida Administrative Register.
- Florida Legislature. Chapter 456 Health Professions and Occupations: General Provisions. 2017 Florida Statutes.
- Florida Legislature. Chapter 490 Psychological Services. 2017 Florida Statutes.
N. PhD. Boundaries in Lesbian Therapy Relationships. Women and Therapy. 2002. pg. 29-50.
- Henderson, Kathryn L. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse: Considerations and Guidelines for Mental Health Counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling. October 2013. Vol. 35, Issue 4. pg. 296-309.
- Kangas, Julie L., Calvert, James D. Ethical Issues in Mental Health Background Checks for Firearm Ownership. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. February 2014. Vol. 45, Issue 1. pg. 76-83.
Jeffrey A. MA. Compassionate Therapy. Jossey-Bass Publishers. San Francisco. 1999.
- Loewenberg, F. M., & Dolgoff, R. & Harrington, D. Ethical Decisions for Social Work Practice. Itasca, Illinois. F.E. Peacock. 2000.
- Moe, Cathrine, Kvig, Erling I, Brinchmann, Beate, Brinchmann, Berit S. Working Behind the Scenes’: An Ethical View of Mental Health Nursing and First-Episode Psychosis. Nursing Ethics. August 2013. Vol. 20, Issue 5. pg. 517-527.
- National Association of Social Workers, Code of Ethics http://www.naswdc.org/pubs/code/code.asp
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Code of Ethics http://www.nbcc.org/assets/ethics/nbcc-codeofethics.pdf
Susan PhD. Sexual Abuse by Health Professionals. University of Toronto, Buffalo,
- Reamer, F. G. The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk-Management Strategy. Social Work. 2000. 45(4). pg. 355-366.
- Reamer, Frederic G. Social Work Ethics Casebook: Cases and Commentary. Washington, DC: NASW Press. 2009.
- Reamer, Frederic G. Social Work Malpractice and Liability: Strategies for Prevention. 2nd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2003)
- Reamer, Frederic G. Social Work Values and Ethics. 3rd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G. Ethical Standards in Social Work: A Review of the NASW Code of Ethics. 2nd ed. (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G. The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk-management Tool. (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G. Tangled Relationships: Managing Boundaries in the Human Services. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G. Ethics Education in Social Work. (Alexandria, VA: Council on Social Work Education, 2001)
Wade PhD, Allyn and Bacon. Ethical Decision Making. Boston. 2000.
- Rothstein, Mark A. Tarasoff Duties after Newtown, Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics. Spring 2014. Vol. 42, Issue 1. pg. 104-109.
- Schoener, GR PhD. Boundaries in Group Therapy: Ethical
and Practice Issues. Women and Group Psychotherapy. New York. Builford Press.
- Stone, M. PhD.Boundary Violations between Therapist
and Patient. Psychiatric Annals. 1999. 670-7.